Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Travel Season

The Summer Travel Season is right around the corner and hoteliers Nationwide are nervous about how the economy is going to affect occupancy. To those of you who are planning to travel this means that there are some real great travel deals out there. I know that for my hotel we have seen a decline in occupancy for June but I truly think that July and August will pick up a little. While I'm being optimistic about this, I have increased my discounts for advance bookings and 3rd party websites. I'm sure that many hoteliers have done the same thing and this is what we will focus on here. There are many different hotel chains that are offering discounts and incentives to increase occupancy during this slow time. For example, Choice hotels are offering a $50.00 gas card if you join Choice Privelages and stay 3 times between June 1 and August 14, 2008. Another example of an incentive that is being offered right now is the Priority Club bonus point promotion. Earn 2,000 bonus points or 500 bonus miles on every 2nd qualifying night— up to 20,000 bonus points or 5,000 bonus miles from May 12th through August 31st, 2008.

No comments: